CHILD SUPPORT: HELPFUL HINTS AND MUST KNOW INFORMATION
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• WHO MUST PAY? Any parent ordered to pay child support.
• WHAT TO PAY? Current, medical, retroactive and/or arrearage child support
• WHERE TO PAY? Your order directs where child support must be paid. Most orders direct that child support is paid to the: Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit P. O. Box 659791San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791.
• WHEN TO PAY? Pay the ordered amount(s) by the ordered dates. If you are unable to send the full amount when due, send whatever you can send, as often as you can, but the full ordered amount must be paid each month.
• HOW TO PAY? You may pay directly to the TXCSDU by: 1) personal check; 2) money order; 3) Western Union 4) credit card online at https://childsupport.oag.state.tx.us; 5) or income withholding. You, the court, the payee or the OAG may notify your employer to withhold support from your wages.
• HOW TO RECEIVE PROPER CREDIT? Always pay through the TXCSDU and always write the payee’s name, your Cause No. and OAG Case No. on every payment. Your Cause No. is the 9-digit number at the top of your court order. Your OAG Case No. is the 10-digit number assigned to your case by the OAG.
• WHAT IF I AM NOT RECEIVING POSSESSION OF MY CHILD(REN)? You must pay your support regardless of whether you are receiving possession of your child(ren), and you are entitled to parenting time (visitation) regardless of whether you are paying your support.