• WHO MUST PAY? Any parent ordered to pay child support.

• WHAT TO PAY? Current, medical, retroactive and/or arrearage child support.

• WHERE TO PAY? Your order directs where child support must be paid. Most orders direct that child support is paid to the: Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit P. O. Box 659791San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791.

• WHEN TO PAY? Pay the ordered amount(s) by the ordered dates. Allow 5 days mail time so that your payments arrive by the due dates.

• HOW TO PAY? 1) personal check; 2) money order; 3) Western Union (at grocery stores, gas stations, etc.); 4) credit card online at; 5) or income withholding.

• WHY PAY? Child(ren) need the emotional and financial support of both parents.

• HOW TO RECEIVE PROPER CREDIT? Always pay through the TXCSDU and always write the payee’s name, your Cause No. and OAG Case No. on every payment.

• WHAT IF I AM NOT RECEIVING POSSESSION OF MY CHILD(REN)? You must pay your support regardless of whether you are receiving possession of your child(ren), and you are entitled to parenting time (visitation) regardless of whether you are paying your support.

• WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PAY AS ORDERED? If you do not pay your support as ordered, you may face serious legal consequences. YOU FACE UP TO SIX MONTHS IN JAIL FOR EVERY ONE MONTH YOU DO NOT PAY IN FULL! Delinquencies will result in interest being added.


Copyright © 2019 Mat Rueda Law Firm